HISTORY AND ORIGIN
In the sixteenth century, during the viceroyalty built a number of churches and monasteries in the land of New Spain, as well as Oaxaca (La Nueva Antequera) in 1576, work began to build the monastery of St. Catherine of Siena , which was the second convent founded in Mexico to the religious order of Dominican nuns.
The land where now stands the Hotel Palazzo Borghese, in colonial times belonged precisely part of the land of the little convent of Carmen. The construction of that property at the time was to house the families of noble birth who were passing to visit one of the sisters of the famous monastery of St. Catherine of Siena, that in this way could stay in comfortable rooms and stay in New Antequera was as pleasant as possible. Currently the property is recovered in order to restore it and restore its peculiar charm and beauty. After two years of reconstruction and renovation, the property now shines in all its splendor housing 6 beautiful suites and a spectacular terrace.